Chandrababu Naidu – PRESIDENT
Shri. Nara Chandrababu Naidu was born on 20 April 1950 at Naravaripalle, Chittoor district, Andhra Pradesh in an agricultural family. His father, N. Kharjura Chandrababu Naidu, worked in agriculture and his mother Amanamma was a housewife.Since his village had no school, Chandrababu Naidu attended primary school in Seshapuram until class five and the Chandragiri Government High School until class nine by walking 11 km every day. He went to Tirupati for his higher education, studying there from class 10 until he received his master’s degree. Chandrababu Naidu completed his BA degree in 1972.
Early Political Career
Chandrababu Naidu was drawn to politics at an early age,as a student leader in Chandragiri, near Tirupati in Chittoor district. Later he was appointed as technical education & Cinematography minister at the age of 28. As the cinematography minister, Chandrababu Naidu came in contact with N. T. Rama Rao.
He served as coordinator of the Telugu Desam Party, in which capacity he effectively handled the party’s role of main opposition in the assembly which won him wide appreciation from both the party and the public. His role during this phase both inside the Legislative Assembly and outside was a critical factor for the subsequent success of the party at the hustings.
As a Chief Minister (1995-2004)
As chief minister, Chandrababu Naidu advocated short-term sacrifice to turn Andhra Pradesh into an Asian tiger over the next 20 years. He slashed food subsidies (among other things), and raised power tariffs.Both Bill Clinton (President of the United States at the time) and Tony Blair(Prime Minister of the United Kingdom at the time) visited Hyderabad and met with Chandrababu Naidu whilst he was chief minister. He was the longest-serving chief minister of the United Andhra Pradesh and First chief minister of residual Andhra Pradesh
2014 Elections Victory
The Telugu Desam Party returned to power, in the state of Andhra Pradesh winning 102 seats out of 175 seats. Chandrababu Naidu led TDP to an outright majority in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Chandrababu Naidu took oath as the first Chief Minister of the residuary state of Andhra Pradesh at Mangalagiri in the grounds of Acharya Nagarjuna University near Guntur.
- Chandrababu Naidu discussed his plan to develop the state of Andhra Pradesh by making the major cities showpieces for foreign investment especially in “key sectors such as information technology, biotechnology, healthcare and various outsourcing services”.He coined the slogan “Bye-bye Bangalore, hello Hyderabad” to further this aim.Microsoft Corporation has established a software-development center in Hyderabad, the second such center outside Seattle. Chandrababu Naidu encouraged other global IT companies (IBM, Dell, Deloitte, Computer Associates and Oracle) to move to Hyderabad, making presentations to global CEOs convincing them to invest in Hyderabad.
- CONVINCED FARMERS TO DONATE 35,000 ACRES OF LAND IN LAND POOLING SCHEME WHERE BOTH FARMERS AND GOVERNMENT HAD A WIN WIN SITUATION – A master stroke of all is the Land Pooling scheme of Amaravati which is a role model for the whole nation. There are instances of Governments changing for land acquisitions of around 1000 Acres. In this case farmers volunteered to come and join the land pooling. In land pooling, Farmers get 1/3 of the land back in the developed area of Amaravati City. Farmers are the biggest supporters of Amaravati and are being made the front face for their love and sacrifice for building a Future City for the 5 Crore Andhra Pradesh people.
- ATTRACTED AND GROUNDED THE KIA MOTORS, INDIA’S LARGEST FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT (FDI) EVER – Kia Motors is one of the Biggest Success Stories of CBN Government. $2 Billion has been invested into Andhra Pradesh by Kia Motors, Its the Largest FDI Investment in India.
- HERO MOTORS DITCHED NEIGHBOURING STATE TO COME TO ANDHRA PRADESH -How Hero Motors came to Andhra Pradesh saying no is Telangana and Maharashtra is a huge lesson for all the Entrepreneurs and Leaders. Mr.Chandrababu Naidu Asked Munjal, CEO of Hero Motors for a meeting over dinner and flew to Mumbai to meet him and convinced him to set up the Hero Motors manufacturing unit in Andhra Pradesh. Apollo Tyres, Isuzu Motors, Cadbury, Asian Paints and many more Industries have rallied to Andhra Pradesh considering the 24*7 power, abundance of water and good governance in Andhra Pradesh.
- RIVER INTERLINKING OF RIVER KRISHNA AND RIVER GODAVARI – First time in India Ever, Two major rivers got integrated with Pattiseema Project giving water to farmers across the state. The surplus waters in River Krishna due to the River Integration were used to give Water to Rayalaseema which was a huge win. 160 TMC of water has been lifted from Godavari to Krishna which resulted in a farming yield of 18,000 Crores in Krishna Delta in 3 years and 7,400 Crores in Rayalaseema over 2 Years. LOAN WAIVER OF 24000 CRORES. Despite the rough economic situation, Farmer Loans of 24,000 Crores are Waived.
- REAL TIME GOVERNANCE – CM’s CORE Dashboard is one of the World’s Best MIS with all the data from around the State, kept open to public in real time. CM and his team use this data and help deliver service better.
- SUCCESSFULLY FACED HUD HUD ALONG WITH THE BRAVE PEOPLE OF VIZAG AND TRANSFORMED VIZAG INTO INDIA’S ONE OF THE CLEANEST CITIES – If we look back at the 4 years, Hud Hud had the biggest need of leadership. Mr.Chandrababu Naidu rose above everyone and helped Vizag recover at jet speed – He lived out of a bus, did surprise visits around the city, summoned the communication company heads, prepared neighbouring state to send supplies right after the cyclone passes, recovered power, recovered normalcy in record time.
- MAKING RAYALASEEMA THE ELECTRONIC MANUFACTURING HUB – Xiaomi, Foxconn and many other Electronic Manufacturers made Sri City and Rayalaseema their home.
- FIBERGRID – CHEAPEST INTERNET EVER – AP FiberGrid is World’s cheapest internet service rolled out by the government where Internet and TV are provided at INR 149 Only making people access the information across the globe.
- LED AND IOT-FYING STREET LIGHTS – LEDfying the Street Lights has made AP stand as role model by saving millions of Units of Power – 8 lakh 30 thousand Street Lights have been transformed into LED and IoT enabled. You can check which Street Lights are on and which are Not from CM dashboard and any one with repair has to be back into action within an SLA of 24 hours.
- E CABINET. FIRST AND ONE AND ONLY – Cabinet meeting have turned Paper Free, making it efficient and smart.
- BIKE AMBULANCES FOR TRIBALS – Bike Ambulances were launched to make medical care accessible to the remotest parts of the State. This has been a boon in the Tribal Areas where the access by road is limited.
- SOLAR PUMPSET FOR FARMERS – Solar Pump Sets were given to farmers at subsidised prices making them access power for free and anytime they wish.
- HIGHEST GDP GROWTH IN THE NATION – Andhra Pradesh under Mr.Chandrababu Naidu has achieved Double Digit Growth rate, highest in the Country. AP has been growing at an average of 10.5% Growth Rate while India’s Average growth rate is about 7%.
- 24*7 POWER – Thanks to the LED conversion of Street Lights as well as Lights at home, Millions of Units have been saved reducing the demand. Also, Additions of 2000 MW of Solar Power and 3000 MW of Wind Power in the last 4 years has been a huge add on making Andhra Pradesh one of the most Efficient and Green states.
- CII PARTNERSHIP SUMMIT – CII Partnership Summit was held successfully in Visakhapatnam for 3 times in a row, which is very rare as PS happens in a new state everytime. This attracted thousands of crores of investment to AP and with it JOBS.!
- COLLABORATION WITH BILL GATES FOR AGRI GROWTH – Bill Gates came down to Andhra Pradesh to collaborate with the growth of Agriculture in Andhra Pradesh.
- At 28, the state’s youngest assembly member and minister
- Longest serving Chief Minister for the combined state of Andhra Pradesh (1995–2004)
- First Chief Minister of the newly formed state of Andhra Pradesh from 8 June 2014.
- Longest-serving leader of opposition in the Andhra Pradesh assembly
- Voted IT Indian of the Millennium in a poll by India Today and 20:20 Media
- He was named “SOUTH ASIAN OF THE YEAR” by the TIME Magazine, USA
- He was described as one of the Hidden Seven working wonders around the world, by Profit, a monthly magazine published by Oracle Corporation, US.
- Business Person of the Year by Economic Times
- He calls himself as “CEO of Andhra Pradesh”.
- The Pune-based organisation, Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad, in partnership with MIT School of Governance, has honoured him with “Aadarsh Mukhyamantri Puraskar” (Model CM Award) in its 6th annual session on 30 January 2016.
- Transformative Chief Minister Award’ in May 2017