Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:22
- Chiru calls on Sonia, says no change of CM: Congress MP K.Chiranjeevi said on Wednesday that party president Sonia Gandhi would implement an action plan to prepare the party for general elections.
- VVL: KVP’s kin threatened me: CBI joint director V.V.Lakshminarayana on Wednesday accused a close relative of senior politician K.V.P. Ramachandra Rao and the YSR Congress.
- TRS men harden stand on Pranab: Telangana Rashtra Samiti secretary Chilakamarri Narasimha’s appeal to Telangana leaders on Wednesday not to vote for Pranab Mukherjee.
- Civic polls delay costs state dear: Not holding elections of local bodies on time has cost the state government dear as the Central government has frozen s the amounts.
- Srilakshmi bail plea rejected: The AP High Court on Wednesday dismissed the bail plea by Y.Srilakshmi, former industries secretary and an accused in the Obulapuram Mining Company.
- CBI grills India cements officials in Jagan case: Officials of India Cements were grilled again by the CBI on Wednesday in the Jagan Mohan Reddy illegal investments case.
- 25 projects worth Rs 40K cr cleared: The State Investment Promotion Board on Wednesday cleared the decks for 25 industrial projects with an investment outlay of Rs 40,379 crore.
- Liquor shops to open late, shut down early: Thee state government has reduced the business hours for liquor outlets by one hour.
- Rs 100cr from forms sale: Leading professional colleges in the city are all set to earn a revenue of over Rs 100 crore through the sale of application forms this year.
- KVP kin said he had call list: VVL: CBI joint director V.V.Lakshminarayana said Sakshi’s reportage had not only insulted him but had also impinged on his fundamental rights.
- Blame game over disposal of dead bodies: A blame game has started between the Osmania Hospital forensic authorities and the NGO Satya Harishchandra Foundation over disposal of unclaimed bodies.
- Big rush for veg packs: Large numbers of people flocked to Rythu Bazaars in the city on Wednesday to purchase vegetables at the subsidized rates offered by the marketing department.
- Nigerian hand behind internet banking fraud: The Cyber Crime Police have zeroed in on a Nigerian national as suspect in recent cases of online fraud, to which at least two city residents fell victims.
- State at No. 3 in SC/ST attacks: Concerned over the low conviction rate for cases of atrocities against scheduled castes and scheduled tribes in AP.
- Man hacked in daylight: A 40-year-old man was axed to death in broad daylight while people watched the scene, near Guddimalkapur market, Tappachiputra on Wednesday.
Times of India:
- Plans afoot to have CCTVs to spot choking of sewage pipelines: If the city sewerage board has its way, one can expect a quick response to free blockages and leakages of sewage pipelines and manholes that's been giving sleepless nights to the denizens.
- Call record leaked to undermine me: CBI joint director: Lakshminarayana also alleged that, following Jagan's arrest by CBI, certain people have intensified their efforts to tarnish his image.
- RTE: Hyderabad Public School gets it right: Hyderabad Public School, one of the most prestigious schools in the state, changed its admission process right after the Right to Education (RTE) Act came into existence in 2009.
- Government mulls raising liquor profit margin: The second round of invitation to prospective liquor vendors to buy licences of 893 retail outlets did not receive any response on Wednesday.
- Why has RTE hit a roadblock in Andhra Pradesh?: While the Supreme Court order that came on April 12, 2012, had called for immediate action, the state appointed committee which looks into the implementation of the act has met exactly twice so far, bringing out no substantial outcome.
- State can't violate Supreme Court directive on RTE: Protecting private schools from implementing the Right to Education act is a state government order, according to which seats in neighborhood government and aided schools should be filled before private schools are approached for admission under RTE.
- Parties anxious over ex-TTD chief's anti-liquor stir.
- CBI begins probe into Vuda land scam.
- Lakshmipet carnage: Dalits to hold large-scale protests.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy's uncle denied permission to visit Chanchalguda.
- Set up more special courts to dispose of SC/STs cases: Mukul Wasnik.
- Rosaiah should quit as Tamil Nadu governor: CPI.
- New formula ends IIT row.
- India renews appeal for Sarabjits release.
- Telugu Yuvatha pitches for Nara Lokesh entry into politics, plea to give Naidus son a key role in the youth wing of TDP.
- Talakative girl gagged with tape ins school.
- AP third in cases of SC/ST atrocities.
- Sonia at last gives patient hearing to state leaders.
- By poll results figure in High court during arguments in Jagan case.
- More evidence against Srilakshmi: CBI.
- Call data case: Police dial BSN.
- KVPS seeks arrest of accused in dalit killing.
- Jagan case YS Vijayamma writes to Central Vigilance commissioner.
- No takers for 887 liquor shops.
- Jundal is proof of Pak role in terror, Chidambaram.
- From Andhra Pradesh, so Please step inside, Sonia Opens door to state leaders.
- Syndicates grab wine shops in un official auctions.
- Pak denies Army hand behind U turn on Sarabjit release\New IIT entrance format from 2013.
- EC urged to de-recognize TRS.
- Pranab thwarted T state.
- Turant monsoon plays havoc with power generation.
- Kiran should go, Shankar Rao.
- Chattering in class leads a students to five hour punishment and cell taping her mouth by principal.
- CBI submits third charge sheet against Jagan and charges him of amassing Rs.43,000 crore in Quid Pro Quo route during YSR regime.
- CBI official Lakshminarayana files case against attempts to demoralize his investigations on Jagan.
- Debate on AP affairs commence in Delhi durbar.
- Civil rights leader Varavara Rao says undeclared emergency in Telagnana.
- Incentives to 25 industries begetting Rs.40,000 crore investments to state.
- Management quota in educational institutions under focus.
- Institutions violate tax payment in school buses.
- Activity on state bifurcation issue at Delhi court.
- Back door route in teachers transfers - heavy brokerages.
- CBI made a target after Jagan arrest - threats, says CBI JD Lakshminarayana.
- Parliamentary committee slams Govt on Dalits murders.
- CBI to probe into lakshmipeta dalit carnage.
- Drought hits rayalaseema region.
- TDP to take up campaign of Lokesh mantra of subsidies paid in cash form.
- Protest meets on liquor policy and lottery system of auctions in Anantapur district.
- Rs.2.5 lakhs donation for the Annadanam project at Tirumala.
- CBI deceived court, contempt charges in Jagan arrest, says his counsel Jethmalani.
- Petro prices to come down by Rs.Four?.
- A tea stall owner and an auto driver file nominations for presidents post.
- Parliamentary SC/ST committee slams government on Lakshmipeta dalit carnage.
- Kiran Govt launches Praja hita, public awareness program from today on govt programs.
- Tirupati MLA Bhoomana Karunakar Reddy fast for making Tirupati liquor zone was broken by police.
- of Kiran CM have begun to mobilize political support at Delhi durbar.
- Trouble begins for KVP the kingpin in YSR regime.
- During his meet with Congress president Sonia Gandhi Chiranjeevi makes a case against negligence of PRP cadres in Congress.
- TDP president Chandrababu Naidu under pressure to induct son Lokesh into full time party activity.
- Chalo Hyderabad by dalits on July 17.
- Y S Viveka stages dharna before Jail on refusal of permit to see him.
- 400 year old tree collapses in Khammam temple.