Saturday, 16 June 2012 08:34
Times of India:
- Two-year toil pays Jagan rich dividends: All politicians are corrupt. Voters take this as a given. They vote for the neta who shares part of what he makes, with them.
- PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana attributed the poor showing of the Congress in the bypolls to the power shortage in the state, spiralling petrol prices, agricultural crisis, etc.Plea against Mahindra-Satyam merger.
- Will TDP lose 'main opposition' tag?: The TDP office remained as empty as its tally in the byelections, the results of which were declared on Friday afternoon.
- Trigger-happy MLC Rehman booked: YSR Congress leader and former MLC MA Rehman was on Friday booked for firing from his licenced revolver in the air during celebrations outside the party office in Jubilee Hills after the results of the bypolls started pouring in on Friday afternoon.
- In a sea of khaki and of sweaty men with handlebar moustaches and bushy beards, a burqa-clad Fatima Begum is the first point of contact for any complainant.
- CBI directed to delete deadline: The Union ministry of home affairs (MHA) turned to CBI authorities in Hyderabad all the summons and arrest warrants issued by the trial court against Mohd Alabbar.
- Enforcement Directorate looks to quiz Jaganmohan in jail.
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited death toll rises to 12.
- PM calls K.Chandrasekhar Rao, seeks support for Pranab's candidature.
- Parkal result a wake up call for Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
- Vanpic 'mud' fails to stop Balineni's victory.
- Record victory for Mekapati.
- Andhra top cop on the run.
- Osmania Medical College to be renovated finally.
- It's people's victory, Jagan Mohan Reddy's mother says.
- Non-Andhra Pradesh microfinance institutions exhibiting signs of recovery: Microfinance Institutions Network.
- Landslide victory for YSR Congress Party: Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha and 15 of the 18 Assembly seats in by-elections.
- Pranab most suited to post: Mulayam: “In politics, such questions are useless. As new situation emerges, decisions are taken”.
- Will NDA yield to PM's appeal?: Barely 48 hours after the BJP-led NDA appeared to be in the Presidential election game again, things have taken a different turn for the alliance. Such has been the dramatic turn of events thats..
- 23 new schools sanctioned: Twenty three government high schools in the central districts of Tiruchi, Thanjavur, Pudukottai, Karur, Perambalur, Ariyalur, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur and Nagapattinam have been accorded higher seconda...
- YSRCP emerges as new regional force: After winning 15 Assembly seats on Friday, the strength of the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) in the House has increased to 17, one more than the tally of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi.
- It's Pranab for Rashtrapati Bhavan: SP, BSP pledge support;Trinamool may abstain.
- Game is not over yet, says Mamata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee said on Friday that she would not deviate from her stand on the presidential candidate and that the game was not over yet.
- French diplomat held on charge of raping his child: Pascal Mazurier, a French diplomat, was held by the police here on Thursday evening on charges of raping his three-and-half-year-old daughter.
- Rajat Gupta convicted of insider trading: Rajat Gupta, one of the most successful Indian Americans on Wall Street, was found guilty on Friday of passing confidential market information to Galleon hedge fund founder Raj Rajaratnam.
- A case of heads I win tails you lose for Dharmana family: Dharmana Krishnadas trounced his younger brother Dharmana Ramdas in a keenly contested electoral battle in Narasannapeta by a margin of 7,312 votes.Krishnadas of the YSRCP got 54,454 votes.
- Congress suffers serious setback: The Congress suffered a serious setback as it lost 18 of the 28 seats in the just-concluded by-elections to the Assemblies in 10 States and the Nellore Lok Sabha seat in Andhra Pradesh.
- Trinamool, JD(U) woo YSRCP: National parties seem to be in a mood to woo the YSR Congress Party after its emergence as a key political player in the State on Friday. Leaders of the Trinamool Congress and JD (U) congratulated Jagan.
- YSRC wants congress to seek fresh mandate.
- It is anti incumbency votes: says PCC president.
- Sympathy vote says TDP.
- Parkal gives scare to TRS.
- South coastal districts bring cheer to YSRC.
- It was ‘bye-bye poll’ for Congress: Twitter on Friday came alive with discussions on the results of the state byelections.
- Results raise Telangana hopes: Congress likely to take early decision on statehood.
- Bypolls: Parties prepare for exodus: With 47.3 per cent of the votes polled, the YSR Congress emerged as a clear alternative to the Congress.
- Botsa blames ministers, overhaul of Cabinet likely: PCC chief claimed several ministers failed to muster a decent share of votes.
- Prez polls may force Jagan to reveal his hand: Any election would force Jagan to choose between UPA and its rival candidate.
- Bypolls: Shobha trumps Chiranjeevi: The losses at Tirupati and Allagadda will be tough to digest for both Mr Kiran Kumar Reddy and Mr Chiranjeevi.
- 1 in 3 elders subjected to abuse: About 38 per cent of the elderly, residing in the city, don’t receive proper care from their children.
- ED seeks to take Jagan statement: The Enforcement Directorate on Friday moved the Special Court for CBI cases.
- Inter-II results to be out today: The results of the Intermediate second year advanced supplementary exams will be announced on Saturday at 11 am.
- Upstart party upstages the big two in the state setting the stage for an upheaval ahead.
- Pranab is the man, Sonia declares Finance minister as the UPA candidate.
- YSRC leader held for firing in air.
- Umesh moves HC for recall of warrant.
- Cross voting helps congress win in Godavari districts.
- Rough road ahead for TDP.
- Tirupati winners margin shocks poll pundits.
- Congress blames it on sympathy and infighting.
- Parkal win fails to enthuse TRS cadres.
- Jagan got justice in peoples court.
- YSRC victory land slide.
- TDP at 5 and Congress in 7 loose deposits.
- CPM, BJP and JP lack luster.
- Congress has no right to continue in power, Sharmila & Vijayamma.
- ED claims Money laundering charges on Jagan.
- Vayalar Ravi says outcome was as anticipated.
- Impact Congress Govt only after presidential elections.
- Jagan cyclone hits AP - 15 wins in 18 contests.
- Rasthra pathi Pranab.
- DGP writes to CS for action in Umesh.
- Ed to now quiz Jagan.
- Poll percentages give 2 place to TDP.
- PRP merger impact zero in bye poll.
- CBI refuses to dismiss case against LV Subramnayam.
- All are congress seats, TDP not a looser, Chandrababu.
- Sympathy wave shocks Congress.
- Jagan has been judged as innocent in peoples court, Sharmila.
- Praja court rejects conspiracy of vested interests.
- Nellore MP at 2,91,745 votes.
- Jagan arrest ruined congress chances, Vayalar.
- Special high court bench for elders issues.
- Pranab cleared to become president by UPA.
- Teachers transfers commences.
- Bye poll outcome rocks the congress party.
- Campaign of Chiranjeevi, Babu and Kiran flattened in Tirupati.
- Shankar Rao writes open letter to Sonia Gandhi.
- Corruption is no election issue, bye poll analysts.